Our Fishing Adventures
May is one of our most diverse fishing months. There are several fishing scenarios that can present from shallow (less than 10 ft. of water) Brown Trout fishing to pulling on large Lake Trout in 100+ feet of water. Stumbling on the wiley early season Salmon is never out of the question this time of year either!
June presents one of Capt. Dave’s favorite fishing opportunities, Offshore Steelhead Adventures. Cruising up to 20 miles offshore in up to 800 ft. of water to pull on feisty steelhead near the surface presents a rare opportunity to see these acrobatic fish in action! June also presents some of the best Lake Trout action we see all year. It is not rare to catch limits of these great eating fish during this month. A few years of consistent, NICE catches is earning mid to late June a good reputation for Kings as well.
July is not only a month of GREAT weather, but also great fishing. Because most people know that August is a good month to catch big Kings, July often gets overlooked even though the fishing is fantastic. In fact, statistically, more Master Angler Salmon are taken in July than in August. We encourage guests to not overlook this great fishing month. The fresh salmon are here from Southern Lake Michigan, the Lake Trout are still fired up, and the offshore steelhead trips are still an option.
August is a very exciting month because of the relative location of the adult salmon. They are staging within several miles of the Frankfort Harbor along any of our many great underwater structures, in preparation for their run up the Betsie River. Early morning action can be second to none along with the “witching hour” just before sunset.
Early September offers action very similar to late August. The adult kings are still present and feeding and the action is great. Later in September we still see amazing fishing as we revert back to the younger salmon and the steelhead return. Again, a month not to be overlooked.
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL – Place the deposit for your 2017 charter and receive a gift certificate AND Rtic Coolers 30oz Tiny Bubbles Tumbler to give to the recipient.
HALF DAY CHARTER (5 hours) —
OUR MOST POPULAR — TWO TRIPS RUN DAILY
- $525 ~ up to 4 guests
- $575 ~ 5 Guests
- $625 ~ 6 Guests
FULL DAY CHARTER (8 hours) —
ONE TRIP DAILY (These are awesome for offshore Stealhead adventures in the early season.)
- $825 ~ up to 6 guests
- We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. (Note: there is a $10 charge for each credit card trasaction.)
- We also accept cash, personal / business checks, and money orders.
- All trips are: “NO FISH — NO FEE!”
- All departure times are approximate. Your actual departure time will be confirmed upon receipt of a $100 deposit.
- Prices do not include captain or mate gratuity.
- All fishermen and fisherwomen 17 years of age and older must have a fishing license.
- A 24 hour license can be purchased Online or at any license retailer for just $10.
- Gift certificates available.
Trip price includes:
- U.S.C.G Licensed Captain
- Association Member Deckhand
- Fully U.S.C.G and D.N.R Licensed and Inspected Vessel
- All Tackle
- Fish Cleaning and bagging
Our Boat and Captain
- 36 ft. Tiara Open
- Wide 13.5 ft. beam for a spacious fishing deck
- Twin 454 Crusader Engines for a total of 700 HP
- Full luxurious cabin, full stand-up head (bathroom)
- Comfortable seating for up to 6 guests
- Lowrance Fishfinder / GPS Technology
- Shimano / Diawa reels with lightest possible tackle for an exhilarating fish-fighting experience
- One of the largest charter boats in Frankfort, our spacious and comfortable set-up allows us to tailor each trip to the anglers aboard.